has published the names of the Iranian leaders and individuals sought for trial by Argentinean prosecutors for the 1994 bombing of the Jewish community center in Buenos Aires that killed 85 and wounded hundreds. (See: Argentina Seeks Arrest of Rafsanjani for 1994 Bombing
) The list appears as follows:
- Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, former Iranian President, currently chairs Iranâs State Expediency Council and is deputy chair of the Assembly of Experts
- Hojatoleslam Ali Fallahian, former Iranian Minister of Intelligence and Security
- Ali Akbar Velayati, former Iranian Foreign Minister, currently the chief foreign policy advisor to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
- Major General Mohsen Rezai, former Supreme Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), is currently the secretary of the State Expediency Council
- Major General Ahmad Vahidi, former Commander of the IRGC Qods Force, is currently Deputy Defence Minister
- Mohsen Rabbani, former cultural attaché at the Iranian embassy in Buenos Aires
- Ahmad Reza Asgari, alias Mohsen Ranjbaran, former official at the Iranian embassy in Buenos Aires
- Imad Fayez Mugniyeh, commander of the Shiite Lebanese group Hizballah's overseas operation, currently believed to be hiding in Iran
Readers should note that the IRGC'
s Qods Force is the elite unit responsible for Iran's foreign terrorist operations, support and training. It is the unit primarily responsible for the founding of Hizballah as well as the current Iranian support for the Iraqi sectarian violence through funding, arming and supporting Muqtada al-Sadr's Shia Mahdi Army.