1. U.S and Pakistani military cooperation has increased in an effort to eliminate terrorist organizations destabilizing both sides of the Afghan-Pakistani border.
2. The U.S. prevented the United Nations Security Council from passing a statement urging an immediate ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, in addition to expressing deep concern at the escalation of violence between both parties.
2. India released evidence linking "elements" in the neighboring Pakistan to the Mumbai terror attacks for the first time.
3. Female bomber kills 40 outside al-Kadhimiya Mosque, a Shi'a mosque which houses the tomb of the seventh imam, Imam Musa al-Kadhim, as well as that of the ninth imam, Imam Muhammad at-Taqi.
4. The French Interior Minster is concerned that leftist terrorism will increase this year after weakening of communist and other leftist parties.
French government fears far-Left terrorism - Telegraph
Israel Strikes Before an Ally Departs - NYTimes
Bush gives Israel diplomatic support over Gaza offensive - Telegraph
Guns 'link several Greek attacks' - BBC
India publishes 'proof' dossier on Mumbai attacks - Times (UK)
India Starts Diplomatic Offensive Against Pakistan - Bloomberg
Hot Spots: India and Pakistan - WSJ
Bomber kills 40 at Shi'a Shrine in Baghdad - Washington Post