1. Tension between US and Pakistan government continues to be ratcheted by Nawaz Sharif and PML-N representatives. Meanwhile, the Taliban attacked, seized, and then withdrew from a government building in Peshawar, the NWFP capitol, in a show of capabilities.
2. The Obama campaign is coming under fire for potential violations of the Logan Act as Iraq's foreign minister is quoted as saying the candidate queried Iraqi officials about delaying withdrawal agreements until after a new US administration was in place.
3. Stating what observers have said for over four years, a new IAEA report says that Iran is stonewalling its nuclear weapons probe.
4. An Islamist 9/11 conference - "The September Attacks: Have You Learned the Lesson?" - was held in Britain as reports surface that the UK government has now given official legal authority to sharia courts.
5. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) kills one-third of a 35+ man Mauritanian military patrol in the desert African country.
OpEd: Obama Tried To Stall GI's Iraq Withdrawal - New York Post
Did Obama try to scotch an Iraqi-US agreement on military forces? - Hot Air
Iraq parliament lifts immunity of Sunni MP over Israel visit - Khaleej Times
Bomb attack kills dozens in Shia town north of Baghdad - International Herald Tribune
Taliban briefly capture govt building in Peshawar - Daily Times
Taliban go on the attack in tribal Pakistan - CNN
Peshawar police buy weapons from open market to counter terrorists - Daily Times
Pakistan’s Dangerous Double Game - Newsweek
White House refuses to comment on rules of engagement - DAWN