1. Russia will send a naval squadron and long-range patrol planes to Venezuela for joint military exercises later this year. The first two strategic bombers reportedly arrived today.
2. US responds to Russian plan to leave 7600 troops in Georgian territories of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, demands Russia quit Georgia.
3. Russia threatens to target US missile defense bases in Europe, in response to US agreement with Poland.
4. Russian Foreign Ministry reacts to US pulling out of nuclear pact. Decision said to be "erroneous and politicized."
5. South Korean intelligence sources report that North Korea's Kim Jong-il is recovering following a stroke.
DPRK tyrant 'recovering' - BBC
Russia to send ships, planes to Venezuela - AP
Two Russian bombers land in Venezuela - AFP
Losing patience, US demands Russia quit Georgia - AP
Russia Warns it May Target US Missiles in Europe - VOA
Russia bristles at US scrapping nuclear deal - IHT