1. Chinese ship bound for restive Zimbabwe found to be a a major arms shipment to Mugabe dictatorship after German bank attains debt-based impound order.
2. SecState Rice said Jimmy Carter warned against talks with Hamas as the US says no notable change in Hamas stance since Carter defied Executive Branch.
3. Israel's domestic intelligence Shin Bet reports that Gazans are paying doctors to declare them ill in order to gain access to Israeli hospitals.
4. A Georgian air force commander released footage from a drone that he says shows a Russian fighter shooting down the Georgian unmanned aerial vehicle.
5. Pakistan has released a senior Taliban commander Sufi Muhammad and signed a peace accord with the TNSM after Muhammad renounces attacks on government forces. No territory directly surrendered.
GUANTANAMO BAY DETAINEES
Detainees Allege Being Drugged, Questioned - Washington Post
April 2008: Evidence Grows of Drug Use on Detainees - CQ Politics
Debt Impound Uncovers Chinese Arms Shipment to Zimbabwe Tinderbox - ThreatsWatch
Japan Reviews Defense Policy to Deal With China, Yomiuri Says - Bloomberg
10-year US term for trying to bring military secrets to China - AP
Pakistan releases Taliban leader, signs peace deal with outlawed Taliban group - The Long War Journal
Pakistan frees pro-Taliban leader - Washington Times
Background, 2006: Religious Organization TNSM Re-Emerges in Pakistan - Jamestown.org