1. Al-Qaeda in Iraq announces a new wave of operations celebrating 4,000 US dead milestone as Sadr openly talks of "open war" with Iraqi government.
2. A Japanese oil tanker took fire from an unidentified ship off the coast of Yemen.
3. After Hamas suicide car bombers attacked the Rafah Israel-Gaza crossing, injuring 13 IDF soldiers, Israel is bracing for more border attacks following Carter talks with Hamas.
4. Two pro-government officials were killed in Lebanon when gunmen attacked new Phalange Party center in a drive by shooting attack just after it was inaugurated.
5. As intelligence gained in Iraq reveals more al-Qaeda suicide bombers in Iraq hail from Libya - mostly from the city of Darnah - Russia is looking to 'rebuild ties' with Libya.
6. A Jamaat-i-Islami official has asked the government to commence impeachment proceedings against President Musharraf.
Sadr speaks on ”open war” as al-Qaeda to launch new 'celebration' campaign - al-Bawaba
New al-Qaeda in Iraq tape calls for month-long offensive - AP
Background Analysis: The Fiction of Abu Omar al-Baghdadi - ThreatsWatch
Rice, in Iraq, Praises Moves Against Militias - New York Times
NYT Posits Iran Is Sacrificing Sadr to Secure South - New York Times
Palestinian Suicide Bombers Attack Gaza Crossing - New York Times
IDF braces for more attacks on Gaza Israel border - Jerusalem Post
Calls for Crackdown on Carter Precede His Hamas Meeting - New York Sun
Carter: Hamas Willing to Accept Peace Deal With Israel If Approved by Palestinian Vote - VOA
Flashback 2006: The Hamas Hudna Hoodwink - ThreatsWatch
Palestinians' backing for terror rises - Jerusalem Post
Report: Hamas rejects Egyptian plan for truce with Israel - Haaretz
Taking cue from Hizballah, Hamas honing fighting force - Washington Times
Talks with Hamas: One Stage Too Many? - Haaretz
Two pro-government officials shot dead in Lebanon - GulfNews
Two Phalange Party Members Killed in Shooting Attack After Inauguration of New Party Center - an-Nahar
Hizballah: U.S. claims we use terror against civilians are baseless - Haaretz
Jamaat-i-Islami asks gov't to go for Musharraf’s impeachment - DAWN
U.S. Military Seeks to Widen Pakistan Raids - New York Times
Taliban: Free suspects in Benazir’s murder, Lal Masjid chief cleric and TNSM chief for envoy - Daily Times
3 publicly executed by Taliban in Waziristan - DAWN