1. General David Petraeus gets set to deliver Iraq assessment to Congress amid political circus of presidential candidates who are all sitting Senators. Petraeus recommended a July pause for assessment before withdrawing beyond pre-surge force levels.
2. Chinese Defense Minister says his country seeks even deeper military ties with Russia.
3. Iran has announced it has begun to install an additional 6,000 centrifuges to its underground Natanz enrichment facility. Currently has 3,000 installed there while under sanctions for enrichment program.
4. French Foreign Minister recommends 'reinforced sanctions' over Iran centrifuge developments.
5. Tensions in the Israel-Lebanon-Syria border area continue to rise as Israel completes its largest civil defense drills ever.
Iran expands its uranium enrichment program - International Herald Tribune
French FM suggests reinforced sanctions against Iran over new nuclear work - Jerusalem Post
Last Week: Iran Refuses to Halt Nuclear Work for Incentives - VOA
Today: Russia's Lavrov: International negotiators working on new incentives for Iran - Jerusalem Post
Petraeus Recommends July Pause Before Withdrawing Beyond Pre-Surge Levels - ABC
Al-Sadr Postpones Big Baghdad Protest - New York Times
Iraqi Forces, Mahdi Militiamen Clash in Sadr City - New York Sun
Fighting intensifies in Iraq's capital - Los Angeles Times
Sadr Told to Disband Militia - Washington Post
Iran Condemns Iraq Green Zone Attacks - AP