1. As North Korea demands US end hostile actions as US response to NoKor's missed deadline is 'restrained.'
2. Renewed Hamas v. Fatah fighting in Gaza kills seven as Abbas presses Hamas to accept early elections.
3. US foes China, Iran plan cultural exchanges in capital cities.
4. Kenyan election called into question, street violence there intensifies.
5. Pakistani elections expected to be delayed, may result in angry PPP violence.
6. A US diplomat from US-AID and his driver have been killed in a shooting in Khartoum, Sudan.
N. Korea Misses Nuke Deadline, but US Response Is Restrained - Washington Post
US takes soft line on North Korea snub - The Age
North Korea calls on U.S. to abandon hostility - International Herald Tribune
South Korea president-elect's aide says NoKor should be invited to inauguration - IHT
Elections Look Set to Be Delayed By Several Weeks - Wall Street Journal
Bhutto had 'proof' state, spy agency rigging poll - Reuters
Al-Qaeda aims at Pakistan's heart - Asia Times
Analysis: Benazir's Death: Army, ISI Keep Low Profile - SAAG