1. Defense Secretary Gates says Iran remains a threat, that "Everywhere you turn, it is the policy of Iran to foment instability and chaos."
2. Tehran denies nuclear weapons program ever existed.
3. Al-Qaeda in Iraq appears to be executing its bombing campaign called for on December 3, police chief in Hilla killed.
4. Lebanon's presidential vote planned for Tuesday, Hizballah building military zones, supply routes.
5. Suicide bomber in Swat kills 9 including children, Nawaz Sharrif rising in domestic political power struggles.
6. Brits, Afghan Army retake Musa Qala in Helmand province's "Opium Bazaar."
Iran still a threat to world, says Gates - MSNBC
Bolton calls NIE report on Iran 'quasi-putsch' - Los Angeles Times
Iran 'hoodwinked' CIA over nuclear plans - Telegraph
IAEA Experts back in Tehran - VOA
Tehran: Nuke program never existed - Tehran Times
Roadside bomb kills senior policeman in Iraq - AFP
22 Die in Suicide Attacks in Iraq - AP
Pulitzer Prize-Winning Insurgent-Linked AP Photographer in Iraqi Court - Seattle Times
Britain's Prime Minister Visits Troops in Southern Iraq - VOA
Hamas to Rice: We want dialogue with US - Jerusalem Post
Saudis welcome Khaled Meshal in bid to broker new Hamas-Fatah talks - Haaretz
Muslim gunmen target Christian in Gaza - Jerusalem Post