1. The Pakistani Army reports that security forces have overrun two pro-Taliban towns in northern Pakistan causing militant forces to flee.
2. U.S. plan to base ground-based missile defenses in Poland and the Czech Republic to protect Europe may be key NIE casualty.
3. Expected Lebanese Parliament election of new president on Friday may be delayed yet again.
4. France and Germany say Iranian nuclear program still a threat while Ahmadinejad declares NIE a "victory for Iran."
5. President Bush writes letter to Kim Jong Il on prospect of normalized relations between the United States and North Korea.
Over the past two days, troops have swept into the towns of Khawazakhela and Matta in Swat district, a former tourist destination, where supporters of fugitive cleric Maulana Fazlullah have taken up arms since July.