1. Iraqi refugees returning at a rate of about 1,000 per day as Iraqis note significant security improvements.
2. As Musharraf returns from Saudi Arabia, Pakistani opposition parties say fair polls in the announced elections cannot be ensured.
3. Ahmadinejad reassures that Iran "will not give the slightest concession" to its enemies regarding its nuclear program.
4. Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez advised Europe not to follow US path on Iran, calling charges "another big lie by the imperialist government."
5. With the election of Lebanon's next president delayed once more, the army has taken defensive positions around government buildings as Lebanese fear looming chaos.
6. Tensions rising in Somalia, Ethiopia urges quick deployment of peacekeeping forces.
7. Germany, Austria threatened in al-Qaeda video, moderate German Muslims derided, withdrawal of German and Austrian troops from Afghanistan demanded.
8. Russia agrees to provide nuclear technology to Egypt as Putin slams the West.
9. Egypt hosting Arab talks ahead of next week's Annapolis Summit on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
10. Musharraf may quit Army Chief of Staff post by Saturday, turning over to Lt. General Pervez Ashfaq Kiyani.
Iraqis return home 'in thousands' - BBC
Baghdad voices: Improved security - BBC
Car Bomb in Ramadi Kills 6 - AGI News
For Petraeus, a Balancing Act - Wall Street Journal
Petraeus Excerpts: 'This Is Not a Light Switch' - Wall Street Journal
Coalition Forces Kill Top Mosul al-Qaida Leader, Find Weapons, Detain Five - MNF-I
Ethiopia urges quick deployment of peacekeepers in Somalia - Shabelle
Tensions Grow in Somalia - VOA
Video of Shabaab (Somalia Mujahideen Youth Movement) November 8 Operations - ThreatsWatch
UN Split Over Somalia Peacekeeping Force - BBC
Somalia Crisis Dubbed Worse Than Darfur - CBS
Arabs show skepticism ahead of Mideast peace gathering - IHT
Arab Leaders Pessimistic About Summit - The Forward
Egypt to host Arab leaders ahead of Annapolis Summit - IHT
Israel sets timeline for peace with Palestinians - Times
FACTBOX - Olmert and Abbas: The Distance Between Them - Reuters
Terrorist attacks and the propaganda campaign to undermine the Annapolis meeting - IICC